Below is a sample of a recent query to FAA, and a reply by an FAA official. This example relates to NextGen impacts in western Long Island, near the [KJFK] and [KLGA] airports. The original query was directed to Carmine Gallo, FAA’s Regional Administrator, but passed on to Rick Riley at the FAA HQ Noise Ombudsman Office.
You can judge for yourself … how well did the FAA official do in the reply?
- Did he or she answer any questions?
- Did he or she inform and educate?
- Did he or she clarify who is accountable, or did he or she identify who is responsible?
- Did he or she go a step further and identify the problem, then take action to actually FIX THE PROBLEM?
- …or, did he or she just return a mumbo-jumbo form letter response, with added platitudes and pro-aviation propaganda, while obscuring accountability and kicking the can down the road?
View copies at these links: Query, Reply. Here’s how the impacted homeowner judged Mr. Riley’s email reply:
We need our questions answered from the FAA &/or the PA and we need them now!! No more shifting blame. Someone needs to take responsibility!!