Airport Authority: click here to view the Ravalli County Airport webpage Links to the EA webpage (formal comment period ends July 25, 2014): (COMING)
The Driving Force?
The most prominent landowner around the airport is Mildenberger Properties, LLC, affiliated with Harold and Bradley Mildenberger, who are involved in numerous development projects in the area. The largest is 551 housing-units and some commercial development contemplated on 452-acres to the south of the airport, called Flatiron Ranch.
- June 8, 2011: Planning Board to review FlatIron Ranch subdivision
- June 9, 2011: FlatIron Ranch rejected by Ravalli County Planning Board
- June 28, 2011: Ravalli County commissioners to discuss FlatIron Ranch subdivision
- July 12, 2011: Ravalli County commissioners approve FlatIron Ranch subdivision
- no further news articles found.
click on the image below to see the land parcels & owners:
NEWS (added as the story evolves…):
- LTE: Leave airport alone: 7/5/2014 letter to the Editor at RavalliRepublic.com. A retired Navy pilot with a commercial and aircraft mechanic’s license argues against the airport project that would accommodate “…a very, very small minority….” He also said this about the proposal that just keeps coming back: “The idea that the FAA would build a “jetport” outside of Hamilton in a narrow valley over 3,000 feet above mean sea level was asinine.”