A new brochure has been published by Finance & Trade Watch, an NGO based in Vienna, Austria. Authored by Magdalena Heuwieser, the 24-pages debunk many of the most common forms of aviation greenwashing. The brochure includes lots of interesting insight that will further inform about the state of regulatory capture that applies not just to FAA but also to the international body, ICAO.
Here is a short index:
- Pg.4: Headlong growth in a green guise
- Pg.7: Fantasy technologies and green kerosene
- Pg.9: Offsetting emissions: a licence to pollute
- Pg.11: International aviation’s climate plan: CORSIA
- Pg.14: Green airports? Offsetting emissions and biodiversity
- Pg.17: Flying with a clear conscience? Individual offsetting of air travel
- Pg.19: What now? Summing up and looking ahead
- Pg.21: On the move: resistance highlights
Click here to view an archived copy of the 2-page Executive Summary; click on the image below to view/download the full brochure.