On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 1:05 PM, Jeff Lewis <firstname.lastname@example.org
(sent to Dolores Corpus, with a CC to Karen Pecchia)
Please accept this as a FOIA request seeking records related to a grievance arbitration (NC-08-79364; set for February 2012 but cancelled at the last minute), and produce all responsive records within FOIA timelines.
As a bit of background, I filed a FOIA request last August, which became F12-7293. Part of the response was a 152-pg letter signed by Karen Pecchia (for Mr. Withycombe) and dated 11/9/12. It was evident that considerable effort went into compiling the 3-page cover letter, which tabulated 92 different attached documents.
While F12-7293 focused on records related to the cost and payments for the grievance arbitration cancelled in February 2012, this FOIA request seeks actual greivance records. I.e., agency, represented by Bobby Rodriguez, had a need to diligently prepare for the hearing set to occur at Daly City, CA on 2/16/12 and 2/17/12. This diligence would include coordination with the NATCA representatives, to pursue settlement as well to identify Joint Exhibits. And, of course, Bobby Rodriguez, as the FAA rep for this arbitration, was required by federal procedures to preserve these records in the grievance arbitration file.So, for this FOIA request, I ask for unredacted copies related to the scheduled but cancelled arbitration of grievance NC-08-79364-CCR, as follows:
- all email and other correspondence related to the collection of evidence and exhibits. This would include coordination internal to FAA (e.g., solicitation of evidence from Andy Richards, Barry Davis, Teri Bristol, Jason Ralph, Tim Kubik, Dr. Goodman, Cindy Lopez-Hickson, Ros Marable, AHL-1, Duke Taylor, … and the few dozen other officials who might have relevant records). This would also include coordination such as emails sending and receiving evidence to/from the NATCA reps (and any others at NATCA) for this arbitration hearing.
- copies of all records coordinated or discussed with NATCA which were to be submitted as Joint Exhibits at the 2/16 and 2/17 arbitration hearing;
- copies of all records coordinated or discussed with NATCA which were to NOT be submitted as Exhibits at the 2/16 and 2/17 arbitration hearing;
- copies of all records NOT coordinated or discussed with NATCA, but which Mr. Rodriguez was considering submitting as Exhibits at the 2/16 and 2/17 arbitration hearing;
- copies of all records NOT coordinated or discussed with NATCA, but which Mr. Rodriguez had decided would NOT be submitted as Exhibits at the 2/16 and 2/17 arbitration hearing;
I agree to pay up to $50 in accordance with the FOIA fees schedule. My phone is 971-295-7669
, should you have questions. Thanks for your help