This is a two-page reference resource: Arctic Ocean is on this page; Antarctica is on Page Two.
A map, and a list of Arctic locations, commonly mentioned in Climate-Change news:
- Baffin Bay: waters west of Greenland and east of Baffin Island (Canada)
- Barents Sea: waters north of Norway and western Russia, to the west of Severnaya Zemlya
- Beaufort Sea: waters north of Alaska and Canada
- Chukchi Sea: waters north of the Bering Strait, thus bordering Alaska and eastern Siberia
- Ellesmere Island: (Canada) northernmost point of North America, to the west of Greenland
- Franz Josef Land: (Russia) islands on the northeast edge of the Barents Sea
- Greenland Sea: waters east of Greenland, and north of Iceland
- Norwegian Sea: waters northwest of Norway, between Barents Sea and North Sea
- Parry Channel: the natural waterway connecting Baffin Bay with the Beaufort Sea. Lies south of the Queen Elizabeth Islands, and north of Victoria Island and Banks Island.
- Svalbard: (Norway) islands between Barents Sea and Greenland Sea