A copy of the full Consent Decree package is viewable below. This is an awfully large document, loaded with content that will ensure any future legal challenges will mire down in perpetuity … exactly as FAA has done, thus far. The contents are as follows:
- pgs. 1-12:Settlement Agreement (text, signatures)
- pgs. 13-14:Exhibit A: rough draft letter to Part 16 Complainants
- pgs. 15-17:Exhibit B: Surface and Overhead Avigation Easement
- pg. 18:Attachment A to Exhibit B
- pgs. 19-20:Exhibit A to Avigation Easement (a mostly illegible copy of the last Airport Layout Plan graphic, done 26-years ago, in 1991)
- pgs. 21-58:Exhibit C: Lease Agreement by and between City and American Flyers FBO (dated June 23, 2006)
- pgs. 59-63:Stipulation & Order/Consent Decree (signed and ready for signature by Judge John Walter, U.S. District Court for the Central District of California)
Click on the image below for a scrollable view; the PDF file may be downloaded.
Note that the sole graphic in the Consent Decree package (an Airport Layout Plan, from 1991, at page 20) is mostly illegible. However, some of the text that is readable indicates Runway Protection Zone (RPZ) changes proposed with that specific Master Plan. Importantly, and uniquely to Santa Monica, the RPZs are absolutely stuffed with homes and residents – an aviation hazard carefully avoided at essentially all other U.S. airports.